What is CMS 1500 ?
The HHS agency responsible for Medicare and parts of Medicaid.? Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has historically maintained the UB-92 institutional EMC format specifications, the professional EMC NSF specifications, and specifications for various certifications and authorizations used by the Medicare and Medicaid programs. CMS is responsible for oversight of HIPAA administrative simplification transaction and code sets, health identifiers, and security standards. CMS also maintains the HCPCS medical code set and the Medicare Remittance Advice Remark Codes administrative code set.
HCFA: The Health Care Finance Administration, the part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) that is responsible for administering Medicare and Medicaid.
CMS-1450 - The uniform institutional claim form.
CMS-1500 - The uniform professional claim form.
- COMPLETION OF CMS-1500 - Full field instruction
- Referring provider, Ordering provider and billing ...
- Medicare provider Enrollment question and answer part 1
- Medicare Enrollment - question and answer part 2
- Complete claim submission - some tips
- Medicare Deductible FAQ
- Secondary claim submission CMS 1500 requirements