If you need to correct and re-submit a claim, submit a new CMS-1500 or UB-04 indicating the correction being made.
When correcting or submitting late charges on a CMS-1500, UB-04 or 837 Institutional claim, resubmit all original lines and charges as well as the corrected or additional information. When correcting UB-04 or 837 Institutional claims, use bill type xx7, Replacement of Prior Claim. Do not submit corrected or additional charges using bill type xx5, Late Charge Claim. Hand-corrected claim re-submissions will not be accepted.
Electronic Claim Submission
(EDI Support Line)
To obtain information on HIPAA Transactions & Code sets go to hipaa.uhc.com Uniprise
Companion Document Additional United Healthcare and Affiliates’ payer ID scan be found on UnitedHealthcare Online.com
Claims & Payments Electronic Claims
Submissions, under EDI Tools & Resources
- COMPLETION OF CMS-1500 - Full field instruction
- Referring provider, Ordering provider and billing ...
- Medicare provider Enrollment question and answer part 1
- Medicare Enrollment - question and answer part 2
- Complete claim submission - some tips
- Medicare Deductible FAQ
- Secondary claim submission CMS 1500 requirements
- UB 04 - Complete instruction to fill the form